Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Location 3, Week 2: S Cooper St & W Pleasant Ridge Rd, Arlington, TX





"I have preached righteousness in the great congregation: lo, I have not refrained my lips, O LORD, thou knowest. I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation: I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation."  
- Psalm 40:9-10

Time:   2:30 - 5:30 pm


Main Happenings:


1)  Within the first 10 minutes a VW Beetle stopped at the stoplight and a couple of girls gave me $10 to support what I was doing.
2)  Honks, waves, thumbs up.
3)  Drive by shoutings:  "Good Job" and some people screaming at me, but it was just noise to me.
4)  A guy, out of nowhere, approached behind me and gave me a cold bottle of water.
5)  A girl was honking at me while stopped at the light on S Cooper.  I get many honks, so I waved back and thought nothing of it.  But she ended up parking somewhere and ran up to introduce herself.


Sign Held:


The LORD provided: The first monetary contribution!

The Lord provides things when you least expect it.  During the first 10 minutes of being there today, this VW Beetle stops at the stop light where I was at, the window rolls down, and it was a couple of girls that wanted to give me money, to support what I was doing!  It was $10!  At first I was taken aback because I have never been offered money before.  But they said, "Here... this is to get something later on while you're standing out here, like a drink, or something to eat."  

Now this is amazing to me, because I had given extra tithe this week to an ex-pastor of Cuba (who incidentally is featured in the modern Foxe: Voices of the Martyrs), who really needed help during his move to Texas.  Anyways, with the extra tithe that I gave, I got it back!  

I asked them if they were believers, they said yes.  Then I asked them where they go to church, since my wife and I are looking for a place to go.  They both went to different churches, but the driver suggested that we try the church that she goes to, Harvest Church in Fort Worth, at 620 N Chandler Dr.  I gave them one of my tracts I had in my pocket... And right after I didn't know why I did that... they both were saved!  Oh well.  It was just a spur of the moment thing. 

Sometime later a girl was honking at me from in her van while waiting at the light at S Cooper to turn onto W Pleasant Ridge.  As I get many honks, I wave back, thought nothing of it.  Then a few minutes later this girl comes running at me from out of nowhere to say hi and introduce herself.  She said she was the girl honking!  So we start talking and she was happy that I was holding the sign.  She was telling me some of her background and how she was saved and everything else.  She stayed there a good 20 minutes... a happy, excited type girl.  She ended up saying she was blessed by seeing my sign holding.  And actually, she almost got run over when she ran back to meet the person she was meeting.  She left with, "Ok!  See ya!" And she suddenly turns to run across the crosswalk, without looking at all, and at that moment a car moves forward at the green light... it's a near miss of hitting her!

Sometime after this episode, a young guy came out of nowhere, and when I turned around, this humble, gracious kid offers me a bottle of water and runs off to where he was parked.  It was frosty cold!  It was the perfect thing I needed because I hadn't had any water for hours and I was starting to get thirsty with dry throat!

Those were the major happenings.  

A few drive by shoutings of "Good job!" and other screaming, and what not.  One of them scared me half to death because I was facing the other direction when I heard this piercing scream at me from this car or truck as they drove by at 45 mph.  And then the usual honks, thumbs up, waves and head nods in my direction.  And once again I swear I see people taking my picture with their cell phones.

That's all for today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment