Monday, November 5, 2012

Week 1, Location 2: Precinct Line Rd & W Harwood Rd, Hurst, TX


"For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day."  - 2 Timothy 1:12 

Main Happenings:

1) almost immediately a man rolled down his window and handed me a bottle of water.
2) honks of approval in the traffic (you can tell they were approvals)
3) A few others said out their windows, "Good job, keep it up!", or something similar, and gave thumbs up.
3) Others just gave thumbs up and waved inside their cars.
4) And finally, a Hurst police officer stopped in the Cash Store parking lot, beckoned me to come over, and told me I shouldn't be in the street on the platform, but on the sidewalk instead. I complied.


Day 2 of gospel street sign holding is finished.  My wife didn't come since she works until 6:30 pm, when it's dark.  So during the week, during my days off of my own job, I can go out there by myself and hold the sign. And then on Saturdays my wife and I can head out.

I found the perfect intersection: Precinct Line Rd & W Harwood Rd.  I parked at the Walmart parking lot and off I went.  Here is the picture: I was standing in the upper right corner.

 And at first I even found a mini platform to stand on that faced the street.  Some sort of raised cement structure that's part of the intersection design, something like that.  So I was on there holding my sign high for the first hour or so.  Then a Hurst police officer came by and told me not to stand in the street like that, it was dangerous, but to stand on the sidewalk instead.  So I complied, and I finished on the sidewalk.

I was out there for about 2 hours.  This time I listened to the book of Romans on my phone. I put the audio file onto my phone.  But I don't think I will use headphones next time because it may make me seem disengaged to my "audience."  If someone actually wanted to talk to me, they may not want to because they may think, "He's stuck in his headphones and won't want to talk."  I brought headphones to give me strength by listening to God's Word as I stand out there.  The Word of God is what fuels and drives this...so I listened to Romans.  It sure did help though.

No comments:

Post a Comment