Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Week 1, Location 2: Precinct Line Rd & W Harwood Rd, Hurst, TX



"These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth...But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city."  - Hebrews 11:13, 16

Time:  3:45  - 5:15 pm

Main Happenings:

1) A few honks of approval in the traffic (not as much this time)
2) A couple others said out their windows, "Good job, keep it up!", or something similar, and gave thumbs up.
3) Others just gave thumbs up and waved inside their cars.
4) A girl came up to me on the sidewalk and wanted to know what the sign said.
5) And finally, a young man probably not more than 20 years old, was laughing at me with his buddy.


Sign Held:



Day 3...still doing great.  I was at the same place as yesterday, but not at the same time.  I stayed here for about 2 1/2 hours, from 3:45 - 5:15 pm or so.  About the same happenings as the previous 2 days.

A girl came up to me on the sidewalk and wanted to know what the sign said.  She was some place else but noticed me on the sidewalk.  I was trying to figure out where she came from, like one of the nearby stores like the Cash Store or something.

Girl:  Hi...I was just trying to read what your sign said.  My friend and I were sitting there wondering what you were holding up.

Me:  Yep...I'm out here proclaiming the Truth.

Girl:  Yep...very cool.

Me:  Where did you come from?  (I was trying to ask "Where were you sitting at?", like maybe at the Cash Store or a coffee shop or something, but that came out instead)

Girl:  Oh I'm from Cross Roads.

Then she left.  I didn't see anything nearby that had a title of Cross Roads.  There is a Cross Roads, TX - an hour drive north.  There is also Cross Roads Dr in Grapvevine - a 20 minute drive.  Oh well.  One of those "came and went" situations.  

And then finally my grand finale of the day: a couple of young men was stopped at the stoplight.  The one in the passenger side looks at me with my sign and starts laughing, mockingly (I can tell a difference).  Then he gets the other buddy driving to look at my sign...they both start laughing.

Oh well...the message on the sign is foolishness to those who are perishing, as it's written:

"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.  For it is written, 'I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.'  Where is the wise? Where is the scribe?  Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?  For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe." - 1 Corinthians 1:18-21

I am not ashamed of my sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment