Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Week 2, Location 2: Precinct Line Rd & W Harwood Rd, Hurst, TX



"We will rejoice in they salvation, and in the name of our God we will set up our banners: the LORD fulfil all they petitions."  - Psalm 20:5


Time:  3:45  - 5:15 pm

Main Happenings:


1)  Honks of approval in the traffic
2)  Many thumbs up this time. One school kid gave a thumbs up out the school bus window!
3)  A woman rolled down her window and said, "God bless you!".  I say, "I'm out here proclaiming the Truth," and she nodded her head in approval.
4)  A guy and a girl came to the intersection, sounded like they had Russian accents, or of that nature, and just stared at me like I had three heads. I say, "Hello folks. I'm proclaiming the Truth." After a bit the girl says either, "Of what?" or "From what?" And I say, "Of God's Word!".  More stares at me.  Then they go on their way.
5) And finally the grand finale - a lady had her window rolled down, was mad, and said, "That's sick!" (reading my sign) and drove on past.


Sign Held:


First, let me explain something about my weeks and locations on the blog titles.  I am not following weeks from the calendar as you understand it.  Right now it's Dec. 4th and we started this sign holding on Nov. 1st, so we've been sign holding at the Precinct Line Rd intersection for 1 month, right?  Not exactly. I am following the weeks that I'm at specific locations.  So for example, I've now been holding my sign at this Precinct Line Rd intersection for 2 weeks - not 2 weeks in a row and not 5 weeks of the calendar either.  The first day I showed up there, I counted as week #1.  For that week I was there 2 times. Then I couldn't make it out there for a month later (now being December!)  I then show up again starting this week: thus I have counted being at that location for 2 weeks: week of Nov. 5th and Dec. 5th; although it's been 4 weeks on the calendar.

I want to be at a specific location for 3 weeks and then move on, so therefore I have to do it in this manner.  I got the 3 week idea from another brother holding their signs in Florida, here.  I contacted him through his website and he says he stays at a location for 3 weeks and then moves on.  He goes to that spot for about 3 hours at a time once a week for 3 weeks.  Since my working schedule is not like normal people's, I have to hold my signs when I can, but I still want to hold to that 3 week thing.  For one, how long do you stay at a specific spot?  There really is no limit, on the time or the days.  So ever since I talked to that brother in Florida (his name is Jonathan too) I decided I would follow that general guideline.

Mostly all the usual things happened today at the intersection: honks of approval, a woman rolled down her window and yelled out, "God bless you!", thumbs up from many cars, etc.  No police encounters today. Though I wasn't exactly on the sidewalk, but I didn't think I was in the street either.  And I wasn't in the place where the police told me to get off.  Many police passed me by and didn't do anything, so that's good.

A small interesting encounter to note which was different: a guy and a girl came to the intersection just passing by.  They waited for the stoplight to change to cross the street.  They stared at me and read my sign.  Then kept staring at me for the longest time.  They looked at me like I had three heads and just visited planet earth.  I say, "Hello folks!"   They would look forward, then stare at me again, then quickly turn their heads forward again.  "I am standing out here proclaiming the Truth.  I only stand out here a couple hours each time," I said to them.

More staring at me.  Then they face forward.  Then the girl turns her head and said either, "Of what?" or "From what?"  It sounded like she had a Russian accent or something of that nature.  I said, "Of God's Word."  Then the light changed and they went on their way.  Oddly enough, they walked further up Precinct Line Rd, stopped, came back and passed me again.  But that's the last I saw of them.

And finally, as a grand finale, a woman had her window rolled down coming from Harwood and going onto Precinct.  She was mad or something, and she said out loud with a disgusted voice, "Oh that's sick!" when she read my sign.  She had another woman in the truck with her.  That put a smile on my face as I turned in another direction to hold the sign and I thought, "That was awesome."

Brothers and sisters in Christ:  we are out there proclaiming the message, not making people feel good.  Let the others hold up their signs that read, "Honk if you love Jesus" and make people feel good and give everybody a spring in their step...but not us.  When people realize they are NOT "doing okay" before a Holy God, it will produce Godly sorrow leading to repentance, which leads to their life.

Let me be the one to hold a sign that says "for the wages (payment) of sin is death."

No comments:

Post a Comment